Father Ryan High School announced the 2021 class of the athletics hall of fame – nine athletes and one contributor whose accomplishments showcase the legacy of the historic school’s successful athletic programs in Nashville and Tennessee.
The athletes and leaders represent classes from 1949-2003 and were selected from more than 110 nominations submitted by the community. They will be formally inducted into the hall of fame in a special ceremony Sept. 9 at Father Ryan and the honorary captains at the school’s Sept. 10 home football game.
Ann Mullins, director of athletics, said she was pleased with the response from the Father Ryan community.
“Reading the nominations each year, listening to their stories and hearing about their accomplishments remind me not only of what our hall of famers accomplished athletically, but also what they have contributed to this community, city and country,” she said. “I thank the hall of fame selection committee for their outstanding work and look forward to celebrating these men and women in September.”
The 2021 athletic hall of fame inductees, their graduating class and their sports are:
• Raymond Dunning, class of 2003, wrestling.
• Ronnie Dean Francescon, class of 1987, basketball and volleyball.
• Carmen Mondelli Lux, class of 1991, basketball, softball and volleyball.
• John Sneed, class of 1974, basketball.
• Jack Sullivan, class of 1949, baseball, basketball and football.
• Jamie Birdwell Summers, class of 1993, softball.
• Derek Wigginton, class of 1997, baseball, basketball and football.
• Bobby Young, class of 1950, basketball and football.
• George Zimmermann, class of 1985, baseball and basketball.
• Eddie Krenson, class of 1972, principal and coach.
The full list of inductees and information about nominating candidates is available at fatherryan.org/hof.